29 June, 2005

As of late, I've been doing a lot of watching. Before, I spent most of my time pleasantly meditating and grooving to the waves of the Ether. I would stand with my Padawan and whisper words of strength into his ear, but all-in-all, I shied away from the other Jedi that I shared my life with. After observing Anakin slaughter the village of Tusken Raiders, paying no heed to my cries, I faded away. Master Yoda has drawn me back to the ones I love.
The downer is that, though I have a form, the Jedi cannot see me. Others can, like some of my new friends. I had, like, no idea what was up, man. I mean, I 'fused the spores' and baked, like, enough brownies to feed the whole Jedi Academy, and nada.
So I got out my copy of the Handbook for the Jedi Deceased. Seriously, that thing reads like stereo instructions, and like ones for the new fangled stereos with woofers and tweeters.
In the Intermediate Interface chapter on Haunting, it says that Jedi should see the dead if they are in tune with the Force. Yoda is the most 'in-tune' guy I know, and I still scared him when I tried to return his fondue set. He saw a floating fondue and obviously, not me, as he freaked, leapt into the air, did, like, this bounding leap off the wall, pulled out his lightsabre, and that poor old pot was in three pieces before Master Yoda touched the floor. I got an earful. "Older than you are, that pot was! Trained you with more manners than that, I have. Scaring an old master. Lucky, that dead, you are, Padawan Jinn."
So, if Yoda can't see me, something is not right. I looked it up in that stupid book. Okay, there is a chapter on throwing your voice, possession, stupid parlor tricks, and then one on Troubleshooting for the Dead.
If Jedi cannot see you in your translucent form, there could be one of two issues. Firstly, the Jedi could not have the power to see the Living Force. Many unskilled Padawans lack the training to recognise the Living Force in its spirit essense form. If this is not the obvious case, then there may be a greater issue. It is possible, however unlikely, that there is a great phantom menance that is suppressing the power of the Living Force making the deceased spectral forms of fallen Jedi invisible to the existing mortal Jedi. Be this the case, offer your silent support and pray for the living.
That's all it says! I've got a bad feeling about this.
I wish you could hear me Ben. I'd tell you that I miss you more than anything else from living. I'd say that I am proud of you. I love you, man.
Master Qui-Gon Jinn

10 Comments:

At 10:01 pm, Blogger Aayla Secura said...

*Sniff*
Those last few sentences were quite touching.

 
At 4:20 am, Blogger jedisiri said...

it is really hard to train a jedi who eats cheeto and brink beer all the time. you did a great job. :)

 
At 1:39 pm, Blogger flu said...

Beg your pardon, Jedi Siri, but QGJ trained a Jedi to eat cheetos and drink beer all the time.

Much easier than what you suggest.

 
At 5:43 pm, Blogger Leia said...

It would be so awesome to train a padawan. It'd be like having a mini-me following you around everywhere.

 
At 7:11 pm, Blogger Obi Wan Kenobi said...

*sniff* I love you too man

 
At 4:58 am, Blogger Qui-Gon Jinn said...

Leia, dear,
Mini-Me has more manners.
QGJ

 
At 3:05 pm, Blogger JawaJuice said...

I can see and hear you most of the time...of course, I've been eating a lot of your brownies lately too.

We should find some way to restore you fully to the land of the living!
(Besides...everything tastes better when you're alive.)

I won't give up! I'll keep looking in the junk yards and scrap heaps till I find something...

 
At 11:15 pm, Blogger Shaak Ti said...

Im not in episode 1!

-Shaak

 
At 11:43 pm, Blogger Barriss Offee said...

You want I should bring the Ouija Board out again?

 
At 12:19 pm, Blogger Han Solo said...

No worries, Shaak. Here, have a QGJ brownie.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home