05 July, 2005

More Cowbell!

Master Yoda still can't see me. He said that I need to give some warning to when I show up. "A little bell, you should wear."
So, right, like, I went through my flat and found something.
This is Bonnie, my cowbell. I got her a long time ago when me and Dooks were recording Don't Fear the Ether. Dooku sure liked the sound of her. We recorded the track as normal and he was all like "it's missing something, old bean." And I'm all like, "uh, like what?" And he was all like "Something classic. Something that gives it a primitive feel. Something that symbolises life. You hear it and think of the eternal plight of the commoner." Dooku did a lot of LDS, let me tell you. So we searched the recording studio and nothing. Nada.
We went out to the streets of Coruscant at the peddlers markets and Dooks heard it. He followed the sound, dragging me behind him, rushing through the crowds. And there it was, man. The Jawa called it a 'cowbell.' It was this metal bell that made this 'clang' noise when you hit it and it had this bow on it that was said to be magical. So, Dooks paid 25,000 credits for it and we went back to the studio.
The initial layout for the song was done, and each section was finished. Dooku wanted a layer of Cowbell. Then another and another. After the 273rd layer, the recording machine short circuited and the cowbell layers caught fire. We recorded one more overlay for the finished track, and if you listen you can here the magical cowbell.
So to make a long story redundant, I've got my Bonnie out. If Yoda doesn't like that, I'll get out the enchanted boat horn we used on Ruptured Eardrums.
QGJ

9 Comments:

At 2:43 am, Blogger Leia said...

Aww, Bonnie's such a cute name. If I had a cowbell I'd name it Fishguttman or Sammy Davis Jr Jr.

 
At 3:46 am, Blogger Aayla Secura said...

I'm envious of you..buy me a magical cowbell?

 
At 4:50 am, Blogger Qui-Gon Jinn said...

Aww,
How can I turn down such a hottie? The only problem, man, is that I don't have any bread.
I'll see what I can do for you though. JJ has such an assortment of way moby stuff in piles on the floor.
QGJ

 
At 4:54 am, Blogger jedisiri said...

hey i want one too! may be i can name it Sissy!

 
At 2:55 pm, Blogger Qui-Gon Jinn said...

Wait, wait, wait!
*looks deep in thought*
Dude! Three replies, all from girls. All the girls want one. So...
I sense a disturbance in my testosterone.
I think I'm getting out the boat horn.
QGJ

 
At 10:45 pm, Blogger Leia said...

I'd like a boat horn too!

 
At 1:28 am, Blogger Hayden said...

this girls already got one. wooden, from Bali, very cool, only slightly used (he said the cow died young). Why do we want them? what a puzzle.

 
At 2:45 am, Blogger Barriss Offee said...

I wanta cowbell!

 
At 8:14 pm, Blogger flu said...

whatever you do, be certain to use a regular stick to strike y'all's cowbells. Do NOT, I repeat, Do NOT attempt to use a lightsabre.

I almost cut my hand off, and absolutely ruined my cowbell.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home