25 October, 2005

I smell bananas, man.

The remodel was, like, more impressive than, like, anything I'd ever seen before. JJ worked, like, really hard to get us this far out flat, man. He took me through and I was just, like, amazed. I never thought that I'd, like, live like this, though I'm dead and not really living, but that's just a technicality.
When I did my thing on Tatooine, I had to face my fears. One of them was JJ, like, letting me go, and stuff. Though I knew that my brownie recipe would keep me around for the money, I still had this lingering, like, doubt. I never understood why JJ saw me, and even some of the, like, biggest names in Jedi didn't. That fear followed me home.
And then JJ did all of this for me, but, like, more-over, he made me his partner in the business. He told me that I was, like, his best mate. He trusted me. It wasn't just about the marketing potential of my magical brownies of love.
Needless to say, I was a bit emotional. I get that way, like, a lot. But not, like, Baldy McBurgerbra, or anything.
I went around a bit, threw on some Pink Fambaa, as per JJ's request, and checked out the pad, man. It was, like, better than those, like, big posh hotels we stayed in when me and Dooks were touring. The thing with those places was that, like, they never felt like home. There was a mint on your pillow and, like, your own personal bar of soap, but if you forgot the mint, you'd have this big gooey blob of chocolate on your pyjamas and the soap would get replaced every day, which was, like, a big waste of soap, because there are Gamorean guards in Jabba's palace who need that soap, and it got eaten by a TRASH-E droid. Wasteful, man. You know? Not like home at, like, all man.
So, right, this place was the poshest of posh (all right, that, like, Naboo palace was the poshest of posh, but this was a close second, man), but it was, like, home. There were holo-pics of me and Ben on the wall. JJ even put up his Padawan tail, which I kept like a sentimental old fool. There were pics of the party at Aayla's. Me, Fluke, Han and JJ after the Yatta fiasco. Me and Dooks titanium albums. Yoda and me at my knighting.
JJ made this place home.
He invited me to poker night, but I said that I might be down later. I needed to meditate. This was a lot of, like, really far out stuff happening really fast. I needed to process it. With a plate of brownies.
I went into my meditation room. It was so cool, man. It was like a door to the ether, without, like, the entry fee. There was this hep shag rug on the floor in the sacred pattern of a Yin-Yang, but it was, like, swirled paisleys, man. Totally far out.
One thing I noticed was this smell. It was peaceful, like joss sticks and something else.
I sat and started in. But there was a disturbance in the Force. In that room. A presence. I slipped my eyes closed.
"Who's there, man?"
The smell was more profound.
Bananas.
A familiar laugh rang out in the room. "Hoo hoo ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!"
I was startled. Like, let's say, if I were alive, we'd have needed the carpet to have a, like, good cleaning.
Out of the sudden blast of fear, that, like, won out over the peace of the brownies, I bolted downstairs.
The guys were still playing poker.
"JJ!"
He looked a bit loaded and angry that I interrupted him. "What?"
"Like, I don't want to, like, alarm you, man, but it's, like, haunted upstairs."
JJ stubbed out his cigar and took a swallow of his Ol' Mos Eisley. "Qui, I don't want to have to be the one to break this to you, but, you're a ghost."
I slapped my forehead. "I know that, man. No, like, there is a GHOST upstairs, like, NOW, man." I pointed up. "Haunting my meditation room."
JJ and I went upstairs, leaving the others to play a round without him.
I pointed to the door, but my hand was, like, shaking. "In, in there, m, m, man."
"Do I smell bananas?"
He opened the door.
"JOJO?!"

"Howya doin' bwauth?"

4 Comments:

At 1:18 pm, Blogger jedisiri said...

mmm it soun-no,smells nice.*smile*

 
At 2:34 pm, Blogger JawaJuice said...

Ya see...ya just can't keep a good side-kick down...even in death!

 
At 8:50 pm, Blogger Obi-Wan Kenobi said...

What would that kid with the sideburns be doin' in your meditatin' room?

 
At 4:00 am, Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

No!



No!



Nooooooooooooooooo!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home