06 February, 2006

Unexpected Visitors

The ghost and the Sith were finishing the last few touches on a new single they had collaborated on, Anakin's Rhapsody. The song was far different from most of their other work, incorporating elements of opera with rock. Dooku was not experienced in singing operatic vocals, but his voice had taken to the style well. Qui-Gon, on the other hand, had not only used opera, but had been known to yodel in his solo work.

This is the real life-
There is no fantasy-
It's been a long ride-
Your focus is reality-

Opened my eyes,
Looked to the skies to see-
I'm just a poor boy
A slave with no family-
Because it's
Easy come,
Easy go,
Little high,
Little low-

Anywhere Padme goes,
The only thing that matters to me,
To me-

Mama, I killed their clan,
Taking off each one's head-
Now my hands are stained blood red-
Mama, your life had just begun,
But I've gone and let you die that day-
Mama, ooo,
Didn't mean to let you die,
But you'll see what I'll be this time tomorrow-
Padawan, Padawan,
No I'm a Jedi Master-

Too late, his time has come-
Force Lightning down my spine-
Dooku took my hand this time-
Good-bye, my dear Padme,
I've got to go,
Got to leave you there behind
And face Dooku-
Mama, ooo-
You won't see me cry,
But at times I wish I'd never been born at all-

I know the ways that darkness taints a man
Anakin, Anakin, Wow, Mace just killed Jango
Dooku with Sith Lightning, very very frightening me
Anakin, oh, Anakin, oh-
Anakin, oh, Anakin, oh-
Anakin, oh, Just let go-
You must let go-
But I'm just a slave boy and no Jedi loves me-
He's just a slave boy without any family,
Spare him his life of these monstrosities-
Easy come, easy go-
Will the Dark Side take its hold?
Hey Yoda!
No! Will the Dark Side take its hold?
Please don't go-
Hey Yoda! Will the Dark Side take its hold?
Please don't go-
Hey Yoda! Will the Dark Side take its hold?
Let me go-
No, no, no, no, no, no, no-
Mama mia, mama mia, mama mia,
I just don't know-
Darth Sidious has a co-op put aside for me-
For me-
For me!

So you think if you wound me that I'll start to cry-
So you think you can steal her and leave her to die-
Oh baby-
Can't do this to me, baby-
Won't talk this out-
You've got to get right out of here-

Only Padme matters-
I'm the only one to see-
Only Padme matters-
Only Padme matters, to me-

Wonder what the future holds...


They had gone through several dozen brownies and several dozen fun sized bags of Funyuns. The spiced treats had given them creativity, but not so much as to ruin their newest creation.
They had been recording when the first knock came. The sharp rapping echoed throughout the empty lower floor.
The recording light flicked off and the two returned to the mixing room. They were both giggling, brownie crumbs obvious in their beards.
The knock was sharper the second time.
Dooku stopped and held a hand out to stop his friend.
"Did you hear something, old chap?"
Qui-Gon laughed slowly. "Oh wow, man, yeah. You, like, said some words, or something."
A look of seriousness crossed the living elder's face. "No, Padawan. I heard something downstairs." He returned his black electric guitar to its stand. "Were you expecting visitors?"
Qui-Gon looked deep in thought for a moment. "Uh," he stammered, "I don't remember, man. Then again," he laughed absently, smiling, "I don't remember a lot of things when I eat brownies, man." He began to giggle.
The knock came again, yet this time it was followed by muffled shouting.
Dooku held out two fingers, stopping Qui-Gon's laughter with a touch of the Force.
"I know I've heard something this time, Padawan."
An acute look of distress broke through Qui-Gon's silent laughter. "You've muted me, man," he said, soundlessly.
The Count clenched his outstretched fingers into a fist.
"You're fine now. I do wish you'd take this situation seriously. Do you not feel the ripples in the Force? There is danger downstairs and you feel the need to giggle so loudly as to draw attention to us."
Qui-Gon scowled, silently. He turned away from the living man and phased through the door of the mixing room. Dooku exited soon after.
Both were startled by a smashing noise below them. Shouting came soon after.

"Whoa," Qui-Gon muttered, his face a mask of shock. "Who'd want to break in here, man?"
The Count glanced at the Titanium albums adorning the walls and the thousands of credits worth of musical equipment. He looked to his former student and shook his head. "I feel the more relevant question is, how shall we defend ourselves against the raiders?" He drew and lit his lightsabre, holding it fast in a defensive position.
There was thundering noise on the stairs, ascending upward. More calling followed.

"What did they, like, say?" Qui-Gon asked, absently fumbling for his ethereal weapon at his side. Once he had hold of it, the noise was in the conjoining room.
The shouting came clearer this time.

"Police!"
Both men faltered for a moment, not even daring to breathe.
The ghost began to shake.
"Oh wow, man," he said, repeating it again and again in rapid succession.
"Get a hold of yourself, Padawan!" Dooku reached out to slap the quaking spectre, but his hand drifted through the ethereal haze.
Very suddenly, the door flew open and several uniformed officers flooded the room. They took advantage of the incapacitating fear that gripped both the ghost and the master. Within seconds, Dooku was Force Inhibitor cuffed around his neck and with his wrists behind his back and read a chain of quickly spoken rights. His sheathed lightsabre clattered to the floor.
Qui-Gon, on the other hand, was intangible, thus the normal detaining methods were useless.
A familiar face flashed before the spectre seconds before the beam wrapped around him like a lasso.

"Amazing..." the Ghostbuster, Egon Spengler muttered to himself. He kept a firm hold on his engaged proton pack whilst he kicked out the rectangular containment box.
There was a very faint
"Bummer," that escaped from the ghost before he was sucked away. Smoke rolled off the closed box while a small red light on its lid turned red.
The Ghostbuster in glasses tugged the cord attached to the box toward him, skidding the still smoking container to him. He held it up, triumphantly.
"I regret to inform you, Mister Jinn, that you are under arrest for the possession of great quantities of unrefined Spice without a formal permit from the proper authorities."
Dooku looked at the uniformed scientist. "Possession of Spice? Then what, may I ask, am I under arrest for?"
An officer stepped in front of the elder, scoffing at him. "Possession of Spice is just the tip of the Sandcrawler, buddy. How about 'assault with a deadly weapon,' 'unauthorised limb removal,' 'prolonging the stereotype that all Counts are prim and proper,' 'selling addictive junk food to impressionable Younglings across the Galaxy,' 'attempted murder,' 'causing a shortage of top hat polish,' 'green riddle monkey abuse,' 'breaking wind in an elevator and blaming it on little old lady Vanderschmoot.."
Dooku's eyes widened. "You, you knew about that?"
The officer gave a quick smirk. "We know everything, Dooku." He led the prisoner away. "You're goin' downtown, you and your little undead brownie buddy. You got some questions to answer."
The Ghostbuster and the lit box followed.

10 Comments:

At 3:51 pm, Blogger JawaJuice said...

Qui! Qui!! Oh no.
Hey, look…I’d come to your aid…honest I would. It’s just that…I can’t leave the Big Brother house. Really. I would if I could, man. I would so forgo this warm, tropical room – sucking down these mai tais with the sand in my feet and the balmy breezes flowing through the palm leaves just to be there with you…but…you know.
Can’t.


…sorry.



I’ll save you some coconut shrimp for when you get out. Prison food can suck.

 
At 7:00 pm, Blogger Private Hudson said...

Oh man, game over!

 
At 11:43 pm, Blogger flu said...

I lik ethat part of that song when you guys really lay into it hard n' heavy with the guitars... but my helmet always goes flying.

uh... hope you get back soon... from the box thingy... he prolly just wants some brownies, or something...

 
At 12:57 am, Blogger Qui-Gon Jinn said...

*muffle muffle*
*tap tap tap*

 
At 12:58 pm, Blogger Jango Fett said...

Jedi know music now. Very interesting...

 
At 3:02 pm, Blogger Master Yoda said...

I hope that escape from the Shop Vac, you can. I also hope that out they cleaned it before sucked in you were.

 
At 8:01 am, Blogger A Army Of (Cl)One said...

Spice Brownies are Illegal?? Why didn't any one tell me. I guess Jinn and Dooku will have to face the music instead of making it.

 
At 6:54 am, Blogger Lt. Cmdr Oneida said...

huh, well that explains my one run-in with brownies. I wonder if they'll kick me out of the Navy for that. One can only hope.

Great song, and good luck getting out of the containment unit. I hope it was at least clean, goodness only knows what the last spirit left in there.

 
At 12:38 am, Blogger Anakin Skywalker said...

Oh man that ain't cool, yo.
Song, cool, ghostbustizlle, not cool.

 
At 12:28 am, Blogger Shannon said...

Bravo on the song, very moving. I was, like, tearing up and stuff. Hope you can escape and get to perform it again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home